The Best Masticating Juicers Reviewed!
Masticating means to chew. Your teeth, when they chew the food, are actually masticating. And the masticating juicers, more or less, are based on the same principal. The main value delivery of masticating juicers is grinding the fruit or vegetable to the degree that the left over grume is left tasteless and colorless.
This genre of juicers gives high yields which boast of greater nutritional and flavor value. And this is exactly what sets them apart from their more common counterpart; centrifugal juicers. The centrifugal juicers are the twin blade machines that rotate at maximum rotational speed. And that’s pretty much it! What these juicing machines don’t promise is maximum yield with high nutritional and flavor value. The centrifugal juicers are meant for getting things done quickly.
The left-over pulps from these juicers still display loads of juice in side them which the twin blade rotation motor fails to extract. In contrast to the centrifugal juicers, the grinding mechanism of a masticating juicer is a mounted auger with a crushing rib that spins vertically. In simple terms, this grinding mechanism is somewhat similar to drilling machine that spins its way vertically to make a hole.
Here are some of the differences between common centrifugal juicers and their masticating counterparts:
- The centrifugal juicers operate on a horizontal-spin twin blade motor. The masticating juicers, on the other hand, depend on an auger with a crushing rib pattern. The movement of the motor is vertical or up words.
- The centrifugal juicers are quick, noisy and produce a lot of heat. However, a masticating juicer is slow with lower noise and produces lesser excess heat.
- The left over pulp from twin blade centrifugal juicers still has visible traces of color and flavor. This means that the complete nutritional advantage hasn’t been passed into the juice. However, the leftover pulp from masticating juicers visibly indicates the pulp’s complete discoloration and flavor. This also implies that maximum nutritional value has been passed on to the juice.
Apart from these differences, the yields of centrifugal juicers are noticeably lower than masticating juicing machines. Also, the centrifugal juicers are cheaper than the masticating juicers.
So who buys masticating juicers? These juicers are meant for everyone looking to get near-perfect nutritional and flavor value with better yields. These juicers are primarily meant for athletes, work-out doers and anyone who is conscious of attaining complete nutritional values to keep themselves healthy.
Looking to buy a masticating juicer? Here’s your practical guide on buying a masticating juicer:
Identifying the need for masticating juicer – This one is a crucial step and you can’t move ahead with your purchase if you can’t identify your need for such a juicing machine. The masticating juicers provide the maximum nutritional and flavor value at the cost of speed. This means that it will take you more time juicing a fruit or vegetable in this juicer type than the mainstream centrifugal twin blade action juicers. The masticating juicers are mostly picked by individuals who are conscious about the nutritional value being provided to them. The centrifugal juicer, on the other hand, is the common kitchen juicing machine that does the job quickly. Now here’s the point for you to ponder on why you want a masticating juicer and what value are you looking to retrieve. If you want a juicer to assist you in the kitchen where speed is of essence; the masticating juicer will disappoint you because of the time it takes. Choose wisely!
The Budget – The second important step is the price. The twin blade action or centrifugal juicing machines are cheap. And this isn’t really a dollar or ten down; the masticating juicers, on an average, cost anywhere between USD $ 300 to 500. The centrifugal juicers can be scooped for $ 25 onwards. See the difference? Apart from speed, pricing also sets these juicers poles apart. The masticating juicer has auger(s) with cutting rib installed. This means that the cost of manufacturing a twin blade juicer and the masticating juicer has a huge difference. The auger isn’t mounted on a small and light motor like in the centrifugal or common juicers. In fact, the augers are mounted from the base upwards making their heavy duty motor practically a part of the cutting rib. Now we leave it on you to come up with a budget that will buy you a good masticating juicer.
Research – Since you’ve reached this point after identifying the need for the masticating juicer and the budget; the next step is which one exactly to go for. The research can be carried out online. And for those of you who like to actually touch and feel the products they purchase, the well-reputed home appliances vendors in their vicinity are the best way to research. However, due to the shortage of time and resources, our suggestion would be to keep reading this write up because we are going to review and summarize the best masticating juicers within it.
Usability – The first thing is to check if you’d like to go with the single auger masticating juicing unit or a double one. The single auger units can be used to juice most green vegetables and soft fruits. However, they might not be very useful when it comes to grinding nuts and hard material. If you intended usage includes harder materials, go for a double auger one.
Durability – Most of the masticating users are well-built and durable. However, you’ll need to inspect the material with which your auger is built. Aluminum augers are the best and have an average lifespan of two plus years. There are some cheaper juicing machines available that come integrated with augers made from hard plastics. Although they also give about a year’s life on normal usability, but are prone to breaking when drilling harder materials. Better pay more for the one with metallic rib and auger(s).
Maintenance – Juicing is only part of the story. Cleaning is a bit challenging since it requires completely getting free to pulp in order for the auger to keep working without hindrances. Most of these juicers have water flow ways that can be opened to ensure cleaning is done to the best. However, there are some varieties of masticating juicers that come with detachable parts. These parts can be washed separately for achieving a better cleaning routine.
Oxidation Number – Nowadays, the masticating juicers come with an oxidation number. The higher the number, the more time the juice remains intact with the enzymes and other nutritional elements. Also, as a rule of thumb, it’s advisable to go for a masticating juicer whose output can remain consumable for at least 72 hours.
The chute size – This one is important. Most of the masticating juicers come with a standard elongated chute. However, you’ll have to know what you will be juicing before selecting a juicer with an elongated chute or a wider one. The larger the chute size, the less time you take chopping down the fruits or vegetables to become fixable. The larger and wider chute size helps achieving better yields. However, these juicing units are more expensive than the others. Therefore, it is important to identify your juicing needs before making the purchase.
This ends our masticating juicers buying guide. There are a variety of masticating juicers available and we have shortlisted some of them to help you make your purchase.
SKG Wide Chute Anti-Oxidation Slow Masticating Juicer:
The SKG masticating juicer is fairly popular among juicing enthusiasts. It’s fairly new in the market and the name SKG isn’t very popular yet. However, the reviews from different juicing masters and just-every-day-juicers indicate that SKG is a pretty good juicer that has a wider chute. As we discussed earlier, wider chutes – three inches in this case – are preferable because they drastically reduce the labor of chopping ingredients to smaller sizes.
Here is a review of this juicer distributed in key points so that it is easier for you to reference when making the purchase.
- Impressive Chute Size – The chute size is the show stealer for this one. The wide elongated chute of this masticating juicing machine allows more ingredients to be places. In turn, this reduces the manual chopping and cutting labor.
- The build – The build quality is impressive. As per the manufacturer it’s all stainless steel, good grade silicon with zero BPA additives. And that’s probably why this Masticating Juicer carries a seal of approval from the FDA. Also, this indicates that your health will be at minimum risk.
- Electricals – The SKG masticating juicers comes packed with a strong 240W motor. The declared speed of rotation is 60 RPMs with an in-built reverse rotation mechanism. This comes as an ergonomical feature that can help remove clogs quickly. Also, the rotation speed of 60 RPM guarantees near perfect masticating of the ingredients resulting in better yield with maximum nutritional value intact. The rotational speed of 60 RPM is slow and prevents excess heat build-up. Due to low heat produces, the ingredients and the output do not lose enzymes to heat exposure.
- Built from materials immune to oxidation – This one is important and a key factor. Due to the fact that the built of this juicer features stainless steel and high-grade silicon, the chances of the output getting oxidized are minimal. Oxidation can react with nutritional elements of the juice and can bring down their value by reacting with oxygen. Also, due to the presence of stainless steel as in the key juicer parts helps it stay away from rust mounds.
- Noise Factor –This juicer has low noise and unlike centrifugal juicers, you can use the juicer in any vicinity without the risk of disturbing others or your ears.
- The juicer comes fitted with an ergonomical and sturdy lifting handle that makes shifting and moving the juicer easier. The weight of the juicer, with all parts onboard, is 16 LBS.
- As per the manufacturer, following are the estimated juice yields from some common ingredients:
- Oranges – 85% to 90% yield
- Pears – 78% to 83%
- Apples – 65% to 75%
- Carrot – 42% to 47%
It is important to note that this yield data is provided by the manufacturer. The actual yield can vary depending on the condition of your juicer. Also, the manufacturer recommends the closure of valve during juicing.
- The juicer is available for under $ 300 in various online stores. It comes with a 2 year warranty of selected parts and 10 years for the motor and the base.
Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer SW-2000, Cold Press Masticating Juice Extractor
In case you are looking for a masticating juicer within $300 to $350 range, you might want to consider the Tribest Slowstar vertical juicer and mincer. The model SW-2000 is getting traction among juicing enthusiasts because of its price range and a chic modern outlook in a red – black combination. The model SW 2020 also has the same technical specs to the teeth but is available in silver – black body.
Here are the some key factors of this masticating juicer that might help you with purchase decision:
- The speed – Masticating juicers have low RPMs. This is because of the fact that these juicers promise better yields with maximum nutritional value intact. The RPM of the Tribest Slowstar has been clocked at 47. This means that it will take you some more time than other juicers to acquire the yield, but the output will have most of the nutrients and enzymes intact.
- The Auger – The drilling gear of this juicer prominently stands out from competition. The auger of this juicer has dual blade design that seemingly helps jucing out quicker. However, there’s an RPM speed control available that you can use to customize the juicing experience according to your delight and need.
- Mincer – Apart from using it as a masticating juicer, you can also utilize this juicing unit to mince meat. There’s a separate mincing unit that you can mount to mince meat, make sorbets and even salsas. This value addition actually gives you better liberty to experiment with your drinks.
- Electricals – The Tribest Slowstar SW 2000 comes packed with a 200W motor with a triple stage reduction mechanism that helps enhance the cumulative torque. This further implies that the ingredients will be less prone to jamming.
- The Chute – This is a bit of a turn off. The chute opening is a spherical 1.5 x 2.5 inches. The user will need to chop down the ingredients to fit. This increases the pre-juicing manual labor.
- The casing and other parts of this juicer are 100% BPA free (as claimed by the manufacturer).
Another downside of this particular juicing unit is no sturdy handle to move and shift the juicer. Also, it’s height of 18.6 cm might make it a little difficult to fix in normal kitchen shelves. The juicing unit (complete) comes with a 10 ye3ar warranty. The Tribest Corporation is making home appliances since 1988 and this makes them a common household name with good rapport.
Hurom H-AA Slow Masticating Juicer
The Hurom H-AA masticating juicer is a pricier option. It is available online within a price range of $ 400 to $ 450. It is recommended for those juicing enthusiast who aren’t ready to compromise on the style. Here are a few facts about the Huram H-AA Masticating Juicer that will make it easier for you to make up your mind.
- The Design – This is one area that this masticating juicer is way ahead of competition. The design of this juicer sleek curves and modern colors – such as matt black. The juicer fits in most stylish kitchens without hindering the outlook and even some users think it adds to the décor.
- The Auger – Hurom claims that this masticating juicing unit comes equipped with an auger that is designed around their patented slow squeeze technology. The auger RPM is clocked at 43. This means that you are going to get a lot of juice, but you need to have patience. It will at least take 2 minutes or more than 60 RPM masticating juicers.
- The Noise – The juicer is almost non audible when doing the juicing. The noise is negligible and you can take liberty to use this juicing unit any time of the day without disturbing anyone around.
- Electricals – This masticating juicer comes equipped with a 150W motor. That’s a bit of a turn down for this juicer since the common competitors feature 180W plus motors. However, keeping the motor size trim may have been done in accordance with slow squeeze technology patent that Hurom has. However, the users haven’t really complained of a slower motor and they generally love the greater yield obtained.
- Versatility – The juicing enthusiasts like this juicer because it can grind almost any green ingredient. You can use this masticating juicer for fruits, leafs, nuts and beans without a problem. However, the manual of this juicer lays stress on chopping down the ingredients to at least 3 inches vertical so that they can easily fit in the chute.
- Maintenance – The juicer comes with a natively integrated self cleaning mechanism. However, some parts of the juicer aren’t dishwasher friendly and must be cleaned with hands.
Generally, this Hurom Masticating Juicer has a lot of positives. However, this juicer isn’t recommended for first-timers because it has a lot of parts that need to be put together in order to operate. Every unit has 10 years warranty on motor bundled with 2-year parts warranty.
Omega NC900HDC 6th Generation Nutrition Center Electric Juicer
Omega NC900 HD Juicer is a single auger slow speed masticating juicer in a stylish, modern design that will enhance your kitchen
Omega NC900 HD Juicer has been around for quite some time and is a favorite of countless juicing enthusiasts worldwide. The Omega NC900 HD masticating juicer has a fashionable outlook with a sturdy build.
Here are some of the features that may help you understanding this masticating juicing machine:
- The Design – This juicer looks like a sophisticated weapon coming straight from some popular sci-fi. . The built boasts of stainless steel which makes it sturdy and strong. As per the manufacturer, all the building components are BPA free. The juicing unit also features a strong handle above the main body that makes it easier to shift and move it around.
- The Chute – The Omega NC900 features a 2 x 1.5 inches chute. The size of the chute is a bit wider than competition. You will be able to feed more ingredients with less chopping.
- The Auger – The Omega NC900 features a single auger clocked at 80 RPM. The speed is a bit in excess; however, most of the users say that the quantity and shelf life of the yield surpasses many competitors. The auger supports dual phase rotation. This helps in getting the maximum possible yield. Also, the dual rotation can help clearing routine clogs and jams.
- Ingredients – This masticating juicer has been built to be multipurpose. The juice can handle fruit, vegetables and leafs easily. Since the juicer is multipurpose to the core, users also claim success with preparing smoothies, nut butters and sorbets. The availability of customized nozzles can be used to mince garlic and other seasonings.
- Electricals – This masticating juicer comes packed with a 2 Horse Power motor. Even at 80 RPMs, this motor seems promising due to the high juice yield it delivers. However, some of the users have noticed a considerably wet pulp of softer ingredients they tried to juice. This means that although the yield is high, but the juicer might not be a delivering a 100% nutritional yield. Some mastication juicers leave almost dry pulp.
- Value Added – The manufacturers of this masticating juicer, Omega, term this genre of their juicers as nutrition center. This is because this juicer is a versatile unit and you can grind coffee beans, various spice seasonings and nuts. This juicer can also act as a garlic and sturdy herbs mincer. Also, the end cap of this juicer is completely adjustable with 5 settings complemented with auto pulp ejection feature.
The Omega NC900 HD Masticating Juicer comes with a 15 years parts and performance warranty. This is again where this juicer beats the competition offering a 10+2 warranty. The Omega N900 HDC 6th Generation is available from $ 379 on popular online stores.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center is a popular masticating juicer. The juicing enthusiasts are in love with this juicer and that’s mainly because of its price and the best yield. The juicer has remained a #1 best seller on Amazon.
Here are some of the features and facts that can help you make up your mind for purchase.
- The Design – The Omega J8000 features a strong yet ergonomical design. Like other Omega masticating juicers, the J8006 also has a stainless steel built with a handle to make it easier to move and shift. The shape with a nozzle is a brand-mark of Omega and this juicer features the same shape.
- The Auger – This masticating juicer comes with a heavy-duty Ultem auger. The rotational speed of the auger is clocked at 80 RPM. The slow speed ensures high ingredient processing capability with less heat build-up. Lesser the heat produced, more is the probability of healthy enzymes surviving to provide their nutritional advantage.
- What you can juice? – The Omega J8006 is a versatile juicing unit. You can juice hard and soft ingredients without running into hiccups. However, the small chute size requires the users to chop the ingredients to fit in. Users have claimed success with all leafs, nuts, fruit and vegetables.
- Electricals – Like other Omega Masticating Juicers, this unit also comes equipped with a 2 Horse Power motor. Apart from this, the mechanism of juicing within this unit is dual shift. The first round or shift breaks down the ingredients in smaller particles. The next round presses and churns them to retrieve the juice yield. This dual mechanism allows a higher yield and since there’s very less heat build-up, they yield doesn’t lose much of the nutritional value. You can use this juicer at any time during the day or night because it hardly makes any noise. Unlike the
- Shelf Life – As per the claims of the manufacturer, the shelf life of the yield is 72 hours. This claim is amply backed by the users as well.
- Value Addition – This masticating juicer can help you with a variety of stuff. It isn’t just made for juicing the fruits and vegetables. You can actually grind nuts, coffee beans, wheat grass and a variety of spices to get the output of your desire.
The Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer is available under $ 300 and is listed at many popular online stores. Omega provides a 15 years comprehensive warranty that covers parts and performance.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer Silver B6000S
The Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer B6000S is a pricier option when generalizing masticating juicing units. The juicer is fairly popular among the jucing enthusiast because of the wider chute size. However, for some of us, especially the beginners; the price is overshadowing the value.
Here are some facts regarding the Kuvings B6000S juicing unit. They have been arranged to help you make your purchase decision.
- The Design – The Kuvings B6000S has been designed as a compact machine to allow easy movement and shifting. Unlike the Omegas and SKGs, the design doesn’t really feature a classy posh stainless steel finish. However, the material used is BPA free – as claimed by the manufacturer – and users have termed it a sturdy built. As per some of the users, the cleaning process is fairly simple for this juicer and most of the parts are dishwasher friendly.
- The Chute –This is one big factor that differentiates this masticating juicer from other. The chute is large and capable of handling ingredients in non-chopped form. For instance, you can put in a whole apple and it will still have space for more. The chute size is 3 x 3 inches. The users suggest that this actually helps them save on labor going towards chopping ingredients.
- The Auger – The auger of this juice is fairly simple and straight-forward. This is due to the fact that it drills in one direction and doesn’t feature dual action. This also means that juicing might get a bit hard due to occasional jams and clogs. The auger is clocked at 60 RPM and ensures in-depth grinding with lower heat latency to preserve the nutritional elements in the yield. Also, the yield is high and many users are satisfied with it.
- The Electricals – The juicers comes packed with a 240W motor. Since the rotations are clocked at 60 RPM, the powerful motor makes lesser noise, produces negligible heat and gives an above average yield. As per the some users, the single rotation pattern of the drill is a bit of turnoff. The inability to reverse rotate results in major jams and clogs.
- What juices can you make? – This masticating juicer can easily grind all leafs, plump fruits and vegetables. However, it is advisable to keep the juicer off limits from hard materials such as ginger, beetroot, hard spices and seasonings. The user review for these ingredients is mixed and most of them are negative. Also, some users have had success with making sorbets etc. But, caution is advised.
- Shelf Life – Like other masticating juicers, the yields from Kuvings B6000S have a shelf life of 72 hours.
The Kuvings B6000S is available in the range of $ 410 to $ 420 at many online stores. The warranty is 10 years for the whole unit. This covers the parts and the motor.
Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer
The Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Masticating Juicer is one of the pricier options with loads of value. Tribest GSE 5050 has gained a lot of traction amongst the juicing enthusiasts. Although the unit is costly but most juicing enthusiasts and common users term it as a worthwhile investment towards their health.
Here are some of the facts about the Tribest GSE 5050 masticating juicer to assist your buying decision.
- The Design – This masticating juicer features a strong and sturdy built with an elegant finish. The juicer is available in three colors black, chrome and white. Black and the white makes are around $ 10 to $ 20 pricier than the chrome version. Although the main casing material isn’t stainless steel, but it’s posh finishing and strong built – Free from BPA (as claimed by the manufacturer) – is appealing and ergonomical. The juicer comes integrated with a handle that makes it easier for shifting and moving.
- The Auger – The Tribest CSE 5050 is a twin auger mastication juicer. The augers have magnetic properties and are made of stainless steel along with bio ceramic. The gears are clocked at 110 RPM. The twin gears are where the magic is in this juicer. Even though the speed of drilling is a bit higher than usual, the double gears work in active synchronization to replicate the masticating feature of the human jaw. At first, the augers grind the ingredients to a very fine pulp and in the next cycle, the pulp is squished to obtain the yield. Since the process is clocked at 110 RMP, so there’s hardly any heatlatency that can ruin the enzymes. The end result is highest possible yield with maximum nutritional value intact.
- What you can juice? – The juicer is versatile. You can take any hard, soft and pulp ingredients to the chute and expect an outcome that is according to your expectations. The users and the company claims that apart from juicing out all the possible leafs, fruits and vegetables, you can also experiment with nutty recipes, frozen sorbets and spices plus seasoning of all typed. Since the auger speed is a bit higher, we are sure that you can save massive cutting, chopping and manual blending time.
- The Electricals – The GSE 5050 Green Star Elite masticating juicer is powered by a 200W motor. The motor is clocked at 110 RPM and powers twin augers. The users haven’t really complained about the motor failure. However, some users suggest that there might be some jamming and clogging when juicing hard ingredients such as garlic and green apples. Overall, the electrical specifications are good and we think there’s ample power to do the ingredients. Also, the noise factor is negligible and you can take the liberty of using this juicer at odd hours of the day.
- Shelf Life – The average shelf life of the produce in an idea environment is 72 hours.
The Tribest 5050 Greenstar Elite is available from $ 420 to $ 525 in various online stores. Tribest provides comprehensive 12 year warranty of motors and parts bundled with dedicated online support.
VonShef Professional Slow Fruit Vegetable Masticating Juicer
The VonShelf masticating juicer is a one of the inexpensive options for juicing enthusiasts. This masticating juicer is fairly popular among the users looking for average quality masticating juicers that aren’t priced heavily.
Check out some of the facts about the VonShef masticating juicer.
The Design – The VonShef has a sleek regular design that won’t really look odd in a common kitchen setting. The color combination on the outside is modern. The juicer is mainly available in a dark maroon color with shiny finishing. Unlike the nozzles in pricier masticating juicers, this juicing unit has a simple yield drain design. Also, the pulp ejection drain is opposite to the yield drain.
The Chute – Most of the budget masticating juicer options come with a rather tiny chute. However, VonShef has changed this. This masticating juicer features a fairly large chute that can take in ingredients without a lot of pre-prep chopping and cutting.
The Auger and Electricals – The auger is a simple drilling component and is clocked at max 80 RPM. The motor empowering the auger is 200W. There are various reviews by users who claim that this has been the quietest masticating juicer they have laid their hands on. Also, it’s confirmed that this juicer can go on uninterrupted for nearly 30 minutes. This implies that you can obtain 5-6 250ml flasks of yield within this time. The heat produced is well tackled by the juicer and the yield won’t be losing many active enzymes and nutritional elements due to excess heat.
What you can juice? – Now this is the grey area for the VonShef juicer. The juicer has been reported doing well with softer and pulpy ingredients. However, with the leaves, spices and harder fruit; it has failed to impress many. Some review claim that trying to juice kale might result in a bad jam and clog. So keeping on the safe side, it’s better to juice soft and pulpy produce to ensure longevity of this juicer’s life span.
The Shelf Life – Unlike the pricier masticating juicing options, the users suggest that the yield from this juicer can remain usable for maximum 48 hours.
The VonShef juicer is out of stock at the moment on various online retail stores. However, the price of this jucier during its ready availability ranged from $ 150 to $ 200.
Hurom HU-100 Masticating Juicer
In the world of masticating juicers crossing the $400 and $ 500 mark, the Hurom H-100 is a budget appliance with amazing capabilities. The Hurom H-100 has remained a popular juicer since 1st day of it’s retail. Also, Hurom, the manufacturer, has been making home appliances since 40 years and have built an impressive repute in this period.
Here are some of the facts about the Hurom HU-100 masticating juicer that can help you in making up your mind for purchase.
- The design – This masticating juicer comes with a sleek and minimal design. Unlike other high-end juicers, this one doesn’t have a nozzle and has a simple yield channel. The outlook of this juicer is simple and won’t really make it stand out in any common kitchen setting. The finishing of the juicer isn’t really “A” class. However, the plastics used in this juicer are, as per the manufacturer’s claim, BPA free.
- The Auger and the Electricals – The Hurom HU-100 comes with a GE Ultem Auger that is clocked at 80 RPM. This means that this juicer has the capacity and the electrical specs to counter any hard or soft ingredient. The motor’s output is 150W. The Ultem Auger and the 150W motor ensure that there is little to no excess built. Also, the GE’s Ultem Augers are, generally, considered to be the best in the industry due to their performance and anti-oxidation properties. The Hurom HU-100 has been proven to obtain one of the highest juice yields when compared with juicers of the same specs. Also, the noise level is ultra low. This means that you can use the juicer at any hour of the day without the risk of disturbing folks around the vicinity. Apart from this, the users have noticed this juicer going on for at least 30 minutes without straining the motor. Like other Hurom products, this masticating juicer also has the patent Super Squeeze Technology. The technology is meant to ensure high juice yield with live enzymes and other nutritional component intact.
- What you can juice? – As per the general user reviews and the manufacturer’s claims, the Hurom H-100 is a versatile juicing unit. The in-built strainer and the GE Ultem auger have proven their worth against all sorts of fruits, juices, sorbets and marinades. However, there are some reviews that suggest against using this juicer for hardened greens such as Kale etc. Also, it is suggested to avoid juicing ginger and ingredients with a high fiber content.
- The Shelf Life – The Hurom H-100 yields have a shelf life of approximately 72 hours. This also depends on the condition and environment of the storage.
The Hurom HU-100 comes with a 10 years parts warranty bundled with 1 year of auger and motor warranty. The juicer is available for and below $ 250 in various online stores.
Kuvings BPA-Free NJE-3570U Masticating Slow Juicer
If you are a juicing enthusiast looking to test their lean recipes with a masticating juicer that is not only good but also within a reasonable budget, the Kuvings NJE-3570U juicer can be your pick. This juicer and its other variants sold like hot-cakes since its launch.
Here are some of the facts about the Kuvings NJE-3570U masticating juicer that might help you with your purchase decision.
- The Design – Unlike other masticating juicers in the same price range, this one comes with a conventional nozzle design. The body doesn’t feature a flashy stainless steel finish. However, the machine’s build quality is at par with the best and the plastics do not exhibit a poor finishing. Also, as mentioned in the official name of this model, the plastics used are BPA-Free. As per various user comments, assembling this juicer isn’t very difficult. Practicing it twice or thrice can be helpful for getting complete grasp over the assembly.
- The Chute – The chute size of this masticating juicer isn’t really large. This means that you will spend some time cutting the ingredients to size before being able to juice them.
- What you can juice? – The Kuvings NJE 3570U performs well with ingredients of all stature and shapes. However, with the chute size this narrow, it will require a pre-juicing cutting and chopping. The juicer comes with 6 extra nozzles. The nozzles are meant for accomplishing different yields such as Juicing, Pastas, Salsa, sorbets and you name it. The user manual with this juicer is very comprehensive because it defines the function of each assorted nozzle in detail. As per actual user reviews, the juicer gives best performance when dealing with green leafy ingredients. Also, the performance isn’t really questionable with pulpy fruits and vegetables. However, it is advised to chop down sturdy ingredients such as ginger and carrots in order to get the best yield while avoiding clogs and jams.
- The Auger and the Electricals – The juicer features a single auger that is clocked at 80 RPMs. This allows the ingredients to be thoroughly ground without oxidation. The heat build-up is negligible due to slow speed. This helps in acquiring yields with live enzymes and essential nutrients intact. The motor has been proved to be reliable and has 170W capacity.
- The shelf life of this juicer’s yield is approximately 72 hours.
The juicer comes with 10 years of parts and performance warranty. It is available for $ 250 or lower at online stores.
And with this, we call it a wrap. In this journey we have seen some expensive masticating juicers along with the budgeted ones. Due to rapid innovation, we are seeing new masticating machines debuting nearly every week and addressing various needs of the juicing enthusiast. If you are concerned about your health and nutrition, then investing in a masticating juicer of your choice is highly advisable. We have reviewed the 10 best masticating juicers available in the market so that you can make a choice based on your specific juicing and grinding needs. Keep juicing and remain healthy!